News

Railway bridge saga rumbles on

Thursday, 6 July 2017

Railway bridge saga rumbles on thumbnail

THE saga over repairs to Castlerock's historic railway footbridge is rumbling on, councillors have heard.
Environmental Services Director Aidan McPeake told full council on Tuesday June 27 that Translink would not permit the bridge's removal, while it is assessed for repairs, until a temporary one is erected at a cost of 30,000.
He said: "If they want a temporary bridge they should pay for it; we have been trying to get a firm commitment from Translink for them to do that. As yet, we haven't received that."
Earlier, DUP Alderman Sam Cole pointed out that a decision had been taken in April last year to assess the bridge for repairs.
*Read the full story in this week's Chronicle

Share

Subscribe to read full newspaper »

Send to a friend

Please complete the following form to inform a friend about this page.

In order to process your information we must ask you to enter the letters in the image into the box:

CAPTCHA Image play audio version Reload Image

* Mandatory field - please complete